Carlos Monteiro, CEO and Game Artist at Gigoia Studios and Star Palm Games, is a Multimedia Designer, Game Artist and Music composer with 18 years of experience in 3D, motion graphics and Fine Arts. Also, 7 years doing Art direction and Level design for Indie games and Serious games. Graduated in Fine Arts, Environments for games and Design.
In this three-part workshop, we will cover an introduction to how creativity and Fine Arts are linked for inspiration to create games. Also, hands-on level design basic in Unity3D and how to use post-processing FX to power up your scene.
1- Creativity in games through Fine Arts
- Introduction on how game ideas can be inspired by Art history.
- Famous paintings and great games.
2 - Level design basics
- How to start a fantasy scene with assets.
- Assets placement and environment setup.
3 - Post-processing and artistic choices
- Sky, lighting and shadows.
- Camera special effects.
- Finishing your scene.