THE STUDENT OMBUDSPERSON
The role of the Student Ombudsperson is to defend and protect the rights and legitimate interests of all students at the European University in the various aspects of their academic experience.
The Student Ombudsperson is an independent figure in accordance with the Statutes of the European University and has complete autonomy in relation to the other bodies of the European University. The Student Ombudsperson may request information and collaboration from the different departments of the University. Suggestions and proposals for change by the Student Ombudsperson are intended to improve the quality of the student experience at the European University.
The Student Ombudsperson acts according to the following principles:
What functions does the Student Ombudsperson perform?
- Supporting students in their academic affairs
- Preventive identification of problems
- Proposal of solutions for specific situations
- Recommendations for the improvement of life at the University
- Mediation of conflicts in which it intervenes
- To produce an annual report, while safeguarding the confidentiality of the information
When should I contact the Student Ombudsperson?
OIn general, and within the foreseen deadlines, the Student Ombudsperson should be contacted once other competent bodies of the European University have been consulted.
Contact with the Ombudsperson (including requests for appointments) may be established by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through this form.