**Universidade Europeia** and **IPAM **have the great pleasure to announce the **13 th INTERNATIONAL WEEK **(11 to 15th March). As usual the **13 th International Week** will combine an **International Fair** and an **International Lecture Program**.
The International Fair will take place during the International Week, one day on each Campus in Lisbon (Carnide, Lispolis, Santos) and Porto.
In this edition, the theme is: SUSTAINABILITY AND THE FUTURE
Accompanying the dissemination of globalization concept, the notion of sustainability has emerged as one of the As usual concepts of our time, influencing governmental decisions, organizational strategies and individual practices in virtually every area of human intervention. Intrinsic to it is the idea of creating a future where resources of different kinds remain available to meet contemporary needs, a dimension already explicit in the subtitle of the original, 1987 report of the World Commission on Environment and Development: “Our Common Future”.
Since then, however, the scope of the term has grown to accommodate other dimensions alongside the environmental one and expressions such as “cultural sustainability”, “social sustainability” or “organizational sustainability” have become commonplace, addressing and exposing new, altogether different tensions, and, in fact, eliciting the questions: To what extent is the idea of a “common future” still implied in the concept of sustainability? What kind of future(s) do we have in mind when we talk about sustainability?
We invite you to come and share your experience and expertise in the 13th edition of our International Week, to be held in March 2019 in the cities of Lisbon and Oporto. We welcome proposals that address issues related with the general theme, “Sustainability and the Future”, namely, but not limited to:
- Sustainable design;
- Sustainable tourism;
- Sustainability in sport;
- Economic aspects of sustainable development;
- Sustainabilityin the hospitality industry;
- Gamification and/ for sustainability;
- Management, entrepreneurship and sustainable development;
- Technologies and sustainable development;
- Legal aspects of sustainable management;
- Sustainabledevelopment and education;
- Psychologyfor sustainability;
- Photographingand visual culture sustainability;
- Socialsustainability and social justice;
- Environmental sustainability in business;
- Marketingand sustainable production and consumption;
- Communication and sustainability.